Gallbladder cancer treatment cost in India is quite reasonable. The average cost of Gallbladder surgery in India will be around $5500-8000 which includes all the basic treatments like surgeon fees, medicine, hospital charges, accommodation, and travel.
The cancer that starts in the gallbladder is known as gallbladder cancer. This cancer starts in the innermost layer of tissue that then spreads from the outer layers as it develops. A gall bladder is basically located on the right side of the abdomen, just below the liver. Bile (a digestive fluid) is stored in the gallbladder.
The gallbladder is a small hollow pear-shaped organ located below the liver that stores the bile secreted by the liver before it is released into the small intestine. The gallbladder contracts during and after a fatty meal, delivering bile through the bile ducts into the intestines to aid digestion.
Gallbladder cancer is characterized by abnormal cell growth that begins in the gallbladder.Gallbladder cancer is rare. When gallbladder cancer is discovered in its early stages, there is a good chance of a cure. However, the majority of gallbladder cancers are discovered at a late stage, when the prognosis is frequently very poor.
Gallbladder cancer may not be detected until it has progressed because it frequently exhibits no specific signs or symptoms. Furthermore, because the gallbladder is relatively hidden, gallbladder cancer can spread undetected.
Since the gallbladder contains many different types of cells, there are several types of gallbladder cancer. The exact type of cancer is determined by the type of cell from which cancer originated within the gallbladder. Adenocarcinoma accounts for more than 85 percent of gallbladder cancers, with other rare types accounting for the remainder. 15% of the total.
Gallbladder cancer symptoms and signs may include:
Gallbladder cancer develops when healthy gallbladder cells change (mutations) in their DNA. The DNA of a cell contains the instructions that tell the cell what to do. The changes instruct the cells to proliferate uncontrollably and to live when other cells would normally die. The accumulating cells form a tumor, which can spread beyond the gallbladder to other parts of the body.
The majority of gallbladder cancers begin in the glandular cells that line the inside of the gallbladder. Adenocarcinoma is a type of gallbladder cancer that begins in this type of cell. This term refers to the appearance of cancer cells under a microscope.
The following factors can increase the risk of gallbladder cancer:
Doctors recommend a variety of tests for the detection and diagnosis of gallbladder cancer. The results of these tests are then used to develop individualized treatment plans for patients. First and foremost, the doctor may perform a physical examination to look for signs of gallbladder cancer. The doctor will look for lumps, tenderness, and fluid build-up in the abdomen. He or she may also search for signs of jaundice. The lymph nodes in the area are also examined for swelling. The following tests may be recommended if gallbladder cancer is suspected:
Surgery:A cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure that removes the gallbladder and some surrounding tissues. Lymph nodes in the vicinity may also be removed. A laparoscope is sometimes used to guide gallbladder surgery. The laparoscope, which is inserted through an incision in the abdomen, is equipped with a video camera. Surgical instruments are inserted through the created pores. Because gallbladder cancer cells may spread to these openings, the tissue surrounding them may be removed as well.
If cancer has spread and cannot be removed, the following types of palliative surgery may help reduce symptoms:
Gallbladder stones can raise your risk of developing gallbladder cancer, but they are not a cause of cancer.
Because the cancer is still contained in the gallbladder in the early stages, 60 to 80 percent of patients have a 5-year survival rate.Survival rates are lower once cancer has spread beyond the gallbladder.If detected late, treating blood cancer might be difficult.
Gallbladder cancer causes ongoing abdominal pain, which may worsen as the cancer spreads, but there are pain management treatments available.
Yes, gallbladder cancer is difficult to detect for the following reasons:
Surgery is usually the most effective treatment for gallbladder cancer. Although removing the gallbladder can help prevent cancer from spreading, it is often necessary to combine surgery with other treatments, such as radiation therapy, to help prevent cancer from returning.